Tuesday, June 7, 2011

What I'm reading

I just recently finished a book by Todd Burpo called, Heaven is for Real.  It's the true story of how Todd's young son, Colton experienced a visit to heaven during a very dangerous surgery.  I thoroughly enjoyed this quick read. 

The details of heaven that Colton offers us in the book are comforting, reassuring and inspiring.  While I come from a different faith background than Colton and his Dad, I found nothing overtly at odds with my beliefs.  This book may inspire a conversion or reconversion for some people but for me it merely underscored my faith.

I consider reading this book like an encouraging pat on the back from God.  It's as if God were saying to me, "It's going to be OK.  Look what I've got waiting for you."

In a culture that is so focused on the physical world, it's nice to be reminded that there is more for us than what meets the eye.

Blessings,
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment