Tuesday, October 14, 2014

The Good, The Bad, and The Smelly

It's been a while since I've talked about my rubbing-alcohol-instead-of-deodorant experiment so it's time for an update.

After a few months of using rubbing alcohol instead of deodorant this is what I've found:
  • Rubbing alcohol is cheap and non-irritating (for me, at least).
  • Even after a shower, it's surprising how much dirt ends up on the cotton ball that I use to apply the alcohol. (Disturbing might be a better word...)
  • Rubbing alcohol can handle normal daily sweat situations for me.  But, if you're the type of person who stinks to high heaven after a workout, don't rely on rubbing alcohol to control your workout "fragrance."
  • Rubbing alcohol doesn't handle "stress sweat" odor.  You know what I'm talking about.  The "oh-my-goodness-that-deadline-is-TODAY?!?" type of sweat.
In the end, I use a combination of products depending on my stink-control needs. 

When I have a day of low-stress, sedentary activities, or light activity that won't cause profuse perspiration; I use rubbing alcohol.  When it's really important that I don't offend anyone's noses OR when I know I have a stressful day ahead (a speaking engagement, anxiety-inducing doctor's appointment, or parent-teacher conference), I use a traditional antiperspirant/deodorant with little or no fragrance.

I prefer to use rubbing alcohol when I can but there are times when you Just. Can't. Stink.

Enough about my smelliness!  This issue is now officially put to bed unless a life-changing product or method comes to my attention.  I think we're all glad about that...

Blessings,
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment