Monday, April 29, 2013

And The Love Affair Continues...

My love affair with Baking Soda and Vinegar continues...Last week after sharing the laundry list of ways that I use A&H and Vinegar, I realized that I forgot two!  So, here goes...
  • Dishwasher Rinse Agent-When we got our new dishwasher last spring, we were informed that we now had to use a rinse agent (aka Jet Dry) so that our dishes would actually dry.  At first we didn't believe them.  Then, we ran a few loads of dishes and we saw what they meant.  We used the Jet Dry sample we were given and the dishes dried much better.  Since I can't leave well enough alone and I really didn't want to spend the money on Jet Dry, I decided I would try a little distilled white vinegar in the machine and see if it worked.  Before I did, I checked on the Internet for any warnings that this could do harm to my machine, my dishes, or my family.  Since I didn't see any (let me know if you do), I gave it a try and voila-clean and dry dishes!
  • Fighter of Bacteria-  If you've ever had a Urinary Tract Infection you know how painful they can be.  You can't get to the doctor fast enough to get help.  Recently, I felt a UTI coming on and did a little googling.  Turns out, if you combine a tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar in 8 oz of water and drink it in the morning and at night, it's supposed to cure the infection.  I didn't need the ACV to cure the infection, I just wanted some relief until I could get in to see my doctor.  So, after three doses of the ACV water, a 16 oz bottle of cranberry juice and a ton of water later, my symptoms became less severe so that I could function until my appointment!
Note:  I am not a doctor or trained medical professional.  This advice is not intended to replace medical attention. But, it's still pretty cool.

I'll be on CatholicMom.com this Thursday, May 2nd, at noon central time sharing some thoughts on an old saying.  Look for me there!

Blessings,
Laura
     

No comments:

Post a Comment