Monday, November 5, 2012

Ministry Monday-The New Evangelization

This week's Ministry Monday is all about spreading the Gospel.  I want to highlight three ministries that have not only influenced my journey as a blogger, writer and speaker; they've also inspired me and deepened my knowledge of our Faith.

The first is a group to whom I owe a lot.  In fact, I wouldn't be where I am today without them-The Catholic Writer's Guild is a group of writers, illustrators, agents, and publishers that seek to encourage and enable Catholic authors to continue in their work through educational as well as networking opportunities.  I've learned so much from being a member of this group!  Because of CWG I started blogging, I wrote my first manuscript, I've been published in newspapers, books and websites and I have a part-time writing job.  Plus, these are a great group of faith-filled people who are kind, friendly and supportive.  They truly want you to succeed. 

Next up is the Catholic Marketing NetworkCMN has been partnered with CWG over the past several years to help connect Catholic publishers with Catholic authors.  CMN welcomes CWG conference attendees at their annual trade show which is a place full of opportunities for learning and networking within the world of Catholic publishing and marketing.  Their hospitality for all of us authors has been a blessing.

Last is a group that I have only recently become acquainted with-Star Quest Production Network (SQPN).  SQPN "is a multimedia organization specializing in the production of audio and video programs faithful to the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church." (from the SQPN site)  SQPN has hosted the Catholic New Media Conference for several years to highlight the use of technology as a tool for evangelization.  As part of that Conference this year, they hosted the Catholic Blogging Summit which I attended.  Not only did I learn a lot about using technology to spread the Gospel, I also got inspired with lots of new ideas and met many other Catholic bloggers.  It was exciting to see so many people filled with a desire to share their faith in cutting edge ways.

Blessings,
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment