Thursday, October 11, 2012

Ready, Set, Pray!

Well today the Year of Faith officially began.  This is the year that our Holy Father has declared to be a year of learning more about our faith and growing closer in relationship to Jesus.  For my observance of the Year of Faith, I'm focusing on prayer.  This month the focus is the Rosary and so far, not so good.

My pray-the-Rosary-everyday plan has not been without flaws.  Many flaws.  Really, the plan isn't the problem.  The flaws are entirely mine.    I'm embarrassed to admit how many times this month I've realized that I didn't even say a decade of the Rosary the day before.  And it's only the eleventh day of the month!

Why is it so hard for me to be consistent in my prayer life?  Why are my plans for prayer so often spoiled by my reality?  I would love to hear your ideas or tips for a richer prayer life.  Hopefully, this upcoming year will help me to grow in my prayer life.  The bad news is-I'm starting this year off on unsure footing.  The good news is-there's no where to go but up (I pray!)

The week I'm going to try out a Scriptural Rosary to mix it up a bit.  Give it a try with me and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment