Monday, October 1, 2012

Ministry Monday

After a great experience at the Catholic Writers Guild Conference/Catholic Marketing Network Trade Show/Catholic New Media Conference in August, I realized that there is a multitude of wonderful ministries that more people should know about.  So, I'm starting a weekly piece called Ministry Monday where I'll highlight a couple of outstanding ministries that I think you'd enjoy.   There'll be blogs, authors, websites and more.

I hope you find something among these posts to inspire you to dig deeper into your faith.

  • First up, a great blog by my new friend Mrs. Mackerelsnapper.  Mrs. M's blog is all about meatless meals for Fridays but (here's the catch) she observes meatless Fridays ALL YEAR LONG, not just during Lent.  Does the Church say we have to give up meat on all Fridays of the year?  No, but they used to pre-Vatican II.  So, why would we want to do this every Friday of the year?  In short, it's a great way to offer up a small sacrifice in rememberance of the ultimate sacrifice that Christ made for us.  
Give it a try.  Don't be scared.  Mrs. M with help you along the way.
  • Next up I want to tell you about a dynamic Catholic radio and TV personality, author and speaker-Teresa Tomeo.  Teresa is the host of the radio show Catholic Connection which airs on Ave Maria radio Monday through Friday from 8-10 am.  Not only is she a force of the Faith on radio, she's also one of the hosts for the new EWTN talk show, Catholic View for Women.  Teresa has a wonderful ability to speak the truth about our faith without forgetting our human weaknesses.
Do you know of a ministry, blog, book, or website that more people should know about?  Share it with me and I'll share the ministry love!

Blessings,
Laura

1 comment: