Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Donald Trump, Watch Your Back!

My eight year-old is giving you a run for your money!

Let me explain.  Lately, my youngest has been lamenting his lack of an income.  We've offered him jobs that he could do to earn money but, evidently, taking out the trash and dusting are too simple for him.  He thinks bigger than that. 

So, it came as no surprise that he came up with another plan for earning money.  What did surprise me was his method.  You see, he decided to open a restaurant. In our house.  Using our food.  Having us cook it for him.  And charging us money for the privilege!

In fact, I even had to audition to be hired as the cook for him!  It was dicey at first but I'm proud to say that I made the cut.  We are currently in negotiations as to my compensation and benefits.  (My eleven year-old is on my side and tried to get me 52 weeks of vacation a year but my new boss was too smart to fall for that.)  Apparently, there is some sort of profit sharing involved because I was told that I would "get more money when we get more customers."  I have to say, I'm pretty jazzed about that.  I may be the next Microsoft millionaire!

To his credit, my son is a very encouraging boss.  He even makes me feel like I'm part of the "team".  Throughout my cooking audition he kept telling me that I was doing "pretty well" and that my chances were "looking good".   In addition,we have board meetings twice a week where we talk about how to increase profits.  At the first meeting I suggested that we increase prices and decrease expenses and he meticulously wrote that in the minutes.  I may have just hit on the best way to get him to listen to me-- call a meeting!

Let's face it Donald, your clock is ticking.  You've had a nice run but it's time for you to step aside and let a new generation of entrepreneurs take your place.  Don't feel bad, though, I may be able to get you a job.  I have an "in" with the boss.

Good Luck Donald!
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment